Free Consultations. Call Today (803) 328-1800
Burnette & Payne Attorneys at Law | Rock Hill, SC | a work injury claim form

Do You Have to Be on Company Property to Get Workers’ Comp?

Workers' Compensation

You know that if you’re hurt on the job, you may qualify for workers’ compensation. But does this coverage only apply if you’re hurt on your employer’s property? Clients of workers’ comp lawyers in Rock Hill, SC often ask about work injuries that happen on company time but not on company property. The attorneys at BurnetteLaw, LLC want to share some general guidelines about these types of claims:

  • State laws – First and foremost, you need to take a look at your state’s laws. Our workers’ comp lawyers will look over your case and compare it against South Carolina’s workers’ compensation laws.
  • On-the-job injuries – The success of your claim may depend on what you were doing at the time the injury took place – and how it relates to your job. For example, if a worker traveling for on a job assignment becomes injured at a hotel, they could qualify for workers’ comp benefits.
  • Employee errands – If your employer asked you to drop off or pick off an item for work and you were injured in a car accident while on that errand, you may qualify for workers’ compensation.
  • Recreational events– Injuries that occur at an event sponsored by your employer, including social events, may fall under your workers’ compensation policy. Again, make sure you review the situation with one of our workers’ compensation lawyers.

There are many factors that come into play with these types of claims. It’s also a time when you need to hire a workers comp lawyer. Keep detailed records of any injuries you sustain that are related to your job, then call BurnetteLaw, LLC. As one of the top workers’ comp lawyers in Rock Hill, SC, Charlie Burnette will review your case and explain your rights. We’re here to help when you’ve been hurt on the job.