If you’re looking to hire a personal injury attorney, it’s a given that you’re dealing with a stressful situation in your life. You don’t need other things causing additional stress for you and your family—especially the person you hire to represent you in court. Hiring a qualified, competent personal injury lawyer is of the utmost importance. But how do you find the one who will look out for you, be easy to work with, and get the best results possible for your case? It can be challenging, but there are ways to find the right match. Follow these five tips to find the best personal injury attorney.
- Look for experience. We all expect any lawyer to be properly trained. But even though many attorneys may have similar educational backgrounds, experience is what makes the difference. For personal injury cases, trial experience is particularly important.
- Do they win their cases? While you’re examining a personal injury attorney’s experience, take a look at how often they win their cases. The ones who do will give you the best chance at a favorable decision.
- Location and licensing. Consider where any potential lawyer is located. An attorney with offices that are easy for you to get to, or one who’s willing to come to you, will ultimately cause you less stress. Also verify that they’re licensed to practice in the state where you were hurt.
- Ethics and reputation matter. You want to work with an attorney who’s honest and has a track record of doing things the right way. Check with your state’s bar association to see if a lawyer has a disciplinary record. You’ll also want to ask around in your community and look at online reviews about a personal injury attorney’s reputation.
- Areas of practice. Many attorneys will handle personal injury cases, but the most successful put a major focus on it. Ask any lawyer about the percentage of personal injury work they do before you agree to work with them.
We hope these tips will help you find the right lawyer to help you file your personal injury claim. If you’re looking for a Rock Hill or York, SC personal injury attorney, call Burnette & Payne. Attorney Charlie Burnette has 35 years of experience handling personal injury cases. Call today to schedule a free consultation.