In our last post, we discussed the steps you should take immediately after a motorcycle accident. However, once you’re over the shock of the accident and your health is stable, there are other steps you should take in order to file a successfully personal injury claim. The personal injury lawyers at BurnetteLaw, LLC want you to be prepared if you’re ever involved in a motorcycle wreck. Here are five things you need to do:
- Do not accept blame or admit fault – Do not accept blame or admit fault to anyone involved in the accident, including the other drivers, the police officers, or the insurance companies. Don’t even say that you’re “OK” or “fine” because this can be used against you in court.
- Contact your insurance company – Call your insurance company once you’ve recovered enough to fully discuss the accident. Tell them what happened but wait to tell them about your injuries until you’ve consulted with a doctor.
- Call or speak with a lawyer – Call an experienced, local personal injury attorney in Rock Hill. Tell them everything that happened and ask for further legal advice.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions – Make sure you listen carefully and follow all the medical instructions your doctor gives you. This is essential to your full recovery and long-term health, as well as your case.
- Don’t shortchange yourself – Make sure you take time to fully think about the injuries and damages this accident caused, then share this information with your personal injury lawyers. Doing so will allow you to maximize the settlement of your insurance claim. Don’t shortchange yourself!
If you need a personal injury attorney in Rock Hill, call (803) 328-1800 to speak with Charlie Burnette, the motorcycle accident attorney at BurnetteLaw, LLC.