If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident, it’s critical that you remain calm and clear headed. There are several steps you need to follow immediately after an accident that may prove important if you’re hurt and need to file a personal injury claim. The personal injury lawyers at BurnetteLaw, LLC want you to be both safe and prepared if this happens to you. Do these things on the scene of a motorcycle wreck to protect yourself:
- Get to a safe area – Get as far away from the road and the wrecked vehicles as possible. You want to be in a safe place in the event of a fire, plus you want to be away from moving traffic.
- Call the police – Contact the police as soon as you safely can so they can file a report.
- Report everything, including all the details – When the police come, report everything that you can remember about the event and what you did.
- Do not leave immediately – Do not leave the scene until you are completely cleared by law enforcement and emergency crews. You might not think you’re hurt, but you could have an internal injury or a concussion.
- Don’t post photos to social media – As much as you want to let everyone know you’re safe, posting photos of the accident scene to your social media accounts could hurt your case later on.
- Find willing witnesses – Locate witnesses who are willing to speak about what they saw before, during, and after the accident. They’ll be needed to talk to the police as well as your personal injury lawyers.
As you can see, taking the correct actions at the scene of an accident can really help you in the long run. If you need a personal injury attorney in Rock Hill, contact Charlie Burnette at BurnetteLaw, LLC by calling (803) 328-1800. He’s worked as a motorcycle accident attorney on many cases and will make sure you get the compensation you’re entitled to.